The Last Supper


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...





On Sunday evening, Dave and Heidi held a lovely farewell dinner at home - well it was a farewell dinner to me anyway - and invited the Smiths around to join us. There were many moments that evening that were very bittersweet, sharing a few wonderful memories with people who have become extremely special to me, while saying our goodbyes at the same time. Dave and Heidi were the most wonderful exchange partners I could have wished for... this whole exchange worked so well on so many levels because of the easy going and communicative way we were able to make it happen. And we met so many great people while we were here in Oakville, people that have a permanent place in our hearts, and none moreso than Sean and Kim. It was very special to be able to share my last night in Oakville with these four friends.

We also had a little birthday celebration for Charlee, whose birthday was the day before. Steve K dropped around to say goodbye as well. It was all very much a case of sensory overload to me, and when I gave Kim that last hug goodbye I really lost it inside.

This saying goodbye stuff is so much harder than I ever thought it would be.


0 Responses to “The Last Supper”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Old Stuff

Aussie Stuff

Canuck Stuff

Other Stuff

Powered by Blogger


Creative Commons License

Locations of visitors to this page