Making the Grade


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...





Since I shared a little story and a photo of my Grade 10 class the other day, I thought I'd share a little insight into my two Grade 9 classes... just the be fair about it.

Grade 9 students sometimes gets an bad reputation for being a but rebellious and a bit mouthy. Personally, I have to say I've not found that to be the case myself (not here in Canada, nor back in Australia either for that matter). I really enjoy teaching this age group and my two Canadian Grade 9 groups are really good kids. I think they have a great sense of humour, and the Grade 9 work is challenging enough to be interesting but easy enough so as not to be overly stressful, so we get a chance to have a bit of fun as well. I like my Grade 9s; we have a good time.

There are some real characters in both my Grade 9 groups, and I never fail to leave class without a smile. One of the good (and bad) things about the Canadian education system is the fact that you get to see the same kids in the same classes every single day. Although doing the same classes day after day can be a bit relentless by about week 18 (!), you also get to know the kids really well, which is nice.


0 Responses to “Making the Grade”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Old Stuff

Aussie Stuff

Canuck Stuff

Other Stuff

Powered by Blogger


Creative Commons License

Locations of visitors to this page