Art for Art's Sake


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...







If you're observant you might have noticed that the banner artwork at the top of this blog page changes every so often - usually when I remember to change it, and I've come up with something worthwhile to change it to.

Over the past few months I've actually created quite a few different banner graphics, all with the same text overlay but with a different background image. Because it's a wide format graphic, I usually take a series of overlapping shots and stitch them together with the appropriate stitching software ( for the nerds amongst you, I was originally using Autostitch on Windows but I'm now using Calico on the Mac - they both do the same thing, and I believe they use the same underlying technology)

Anyway, I was thinking about developing some way to randomize the images so that every time you load the page a different image appears. I hunted down a nice little piece of javascript to do the job, but it was going to be a lot of work to make it fit into the rather complex template code that Blogger uses, so I didn't pursue it. I also thought about converting it to an automatically rotating Flash banner, and even built a little working prototype to test the idea but in the end decided it was just more work than it was worth. I'm basically quite lazy.

So, I might just change it manually every so often when I think of it. In the meantime, if you feel like a quick stroll down memory lane, all the old banners are here. Enjoy.


0 Responses to “Art for Art's Sake”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Old Stuff

Aussie Stuff

Canuck Stuff

Other Stuff

Powered by Blogger


Creative Commons License

Locations of visitors to this page