Take me out to the Ballgame


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...















I had a nice surprise this afternoon. Don, our principal at school, offered the staff a couple of free tickets to see the Toronto Bluejays play the New York Yankees at the Rogers Centre. There was only one set of tickets up for grabs, so I tried to grab fast, and Don was nice enough to let me have them.

There were two tickets so I was able to offer the other one to Darrell, who has been kind enough to drive me to work each morning. He was really keen to go see the game too, so I'm glad that I was able to take him with me.

It was an interesting game and having Darrell there to explain the finer points to me really helped. I sort of understand baseball but it's been a while since I've actually seen a game, so I'd forgotten most of the rules. The Bluejays are the local Toronto team so they had a lot of home ground support, but there seemed to be plenty of Yankees supporters in the crowd too. We had great seats, right behind the home plate and next to the Yankees dugout. The view of the field was excellent and there was plenty of heckling going on from the crowd so it was pretty funny to be right there in the middle of it and soak up the atmosphere. I even got to have me one of them famous ball game hot dogs. :-)

In the end the Yankees lost the game by one run, and the Jays emerged victorious - a little late in the season to really make any difference to the overall results for the year, but it was nice that they won anyway.

Thanks to Darrell for coming with me, and also to Don for being so generous with the tickets.


0 Responses to “Take me out to the Ballgame”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Old Stuff

Aussie Stuff

Canuck Stuff

Other Stuff

Powered by Blogger


Creative Commons License

Locations of visitors to this page