Something I drank?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...









Halloween is big here in Canada. Really big. Apart from all the pumpkins and skeletons around the place, lots of people have Halloween parties which involve dressing up in fancy dress costumes and having a few drinks. I always thought that the fancy dress costumes had to be scary ones - you know, witches and ghosts and goblins, that sort of thing - but you can actually get dressed up as pretty much anything you like.

Our mates Beth and Grant hold a Halloween party every year and we were really looking forward to going. We'd organised costumes and babysitting and were all excited about our first Halloween party! After we picked up Natalie, our Aussie visitor, we went home and got changed to rock up to the party. Donna dressed as a nun (ye gads! Her alternate career choice apparently!), Natalie was a "midnight siren" (look, just call it what it is, she was dressed as a wench!), and I thought I'd live up the Russell Crowe image that I seem to have acquired here in Oakville and go as Gladiator.

It was a great night, although I must have drunk something that didn't agree with me because boy-oh-boy did I wake up with a sore head in the morning! I'm sure it didn't have anything to do with all the vodka I drank. That was purely coincidental.

I was pleased to find out that the Gladiator costume was a hit, especially with the ladies! ;-)


0 Responses to “Something I drank?”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Old Stuff

Aussie Stuff

Canuck Stuff

Other Stuff

Powered by Blogger


Creative Commons License

Locations of visitors to this page