The Game in the Fridge


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...





First off, this is Alex writing this and I’m only writing this blog entry because I’m being forced to. Just thought I’d get that out of the way. Anyway, nothing much has happened to me of late, so I’ll write about the most interesting thing that HAS happened in the last few days… I went to the ice hockey. It wasn’t a professional hockey match, it was a couple of school teams that my friends were playing in but it was still pretty intense to watch.

Ice hockey, for all those who don’t know, (ie. non Canadians) is essentially taking big sticks (hockey sticks) and hitting a small, round rubber block (the puck) into the net, all on ice. This is easier said than done. My friend was playing on one team, and I had another friend on another team. Like I said, although it was just a kids’ game, it was still pretty intense. It was like sitting in a big fridge, watching a cross between soccer and golf while everyone around you is shouting themselves hoarse. The final score was 3-2.

When the last point was scored with 12 seconds remaining on the clock, you could have cut the tension in the air with a knife. Or maybe that was because all the water vapour in the air was freezing. It was very cold sitting on these cold metal seats! Very cold. Since it was the final match of the season, there were a lot of parents standing around, watching and yelling.
After the match, I went back to Jon’s house and played X-box and watched TV. The End.


0 Responses to “The Game in the Fridge”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Old Stuff

Aussie Stuff

Canuck Stuff

Other Stuff

Powered by Blogger


Creative Commons License

Locations of visitors to this page