Didn't see that coming!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



So, yeah, I'm on exchange in another country, and I'm prepared for anything right? Expect the unexpected. Embrace change. Savour it all. Right? But some things are just not what you expected...

I was teaching the other afternoon. I have a really nice group of Grade 10s, and one of them asked if he could take the roll to the office for me. He'd finished his work so I let him go. He returned a short time later with the vice principal, who apologised for keeping him.

Then about 10 minutes later there was a knock at the door, and it was the vice principal again and a policeman. They asked if that same student could be excused from class, I said sure, he collected his books and walked towards the door. The police officer grabbed the kid by the arm and led him out of the room, loudly saying "You are under arrest, you have the right to remain silent, etc, etc..."

The rest of the class sat there for a moment in stunned silence, till I eventually said "Well, that was unexpected." I've never had a kid arrested in my class before. Teaching exchanges really are full of surprises!


0 Responses to “Didn't see that coming!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Old Stuff

Aussie Stuff

Canuck Stuff

Other Stuff

Powered by Blogger


Creative Commons License

Locations of visitors to this page