Back to the Grindstone


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Yes, school finally started for me this week, although its hardly been a grindstone really! Mind you, I was just starting to feel like I was actually on some sort of a holiday and the reality hit that I was, in fact, in Canada to work. How rude!

Seriously though, the school seems really nice. Holy Trinity High School is located in Oakville, only about 3km from home. It's only in its fourth year of operation so everything is quite new, and it has wonderful facilities. Dave took me on a grand tour of the place just before he left and introduced me to a bunch of people, and although I've been trying very hard to remember names I think it will take a while. The school has 1400 students, and 100 staff.

I've been allocated my classes and given some teaching resources and have spent the last few days looking through them, chatting with other staff members and generally trying to get into the swing of things. I've been given a place in a really fun work room (staff area) where no topic of conversation is off limits! I was warned! :-) But its lovely to be in a room with other people who can have a good chat about almost anything.

It's exam week at the moment, but Dave finalised all his exams before he left so I have been freed from the need to do all that stuff. The kids are in this week to do exams, then they come in on Thursday to pick up their results, then Friday is a staff development day. Classes proper start on Monday. I'll take some photos when school starts and post them here...


0 Responses to “Back to the Grindstone”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Old Stuff

Aussie Stuff

Canuck Stuff

Other Stuff

Powered by Blogger


Creative Commons License

Locations of visitors to this page