It's Official!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Yes, it's now official.

Our family will be spending 2006 in Oakville, Ontario, where I will be doing a teaching exchange with a Canadian teacher and his family. It all started when I saw a note on the school noticeboard for a Canadian exchange, although all that really did was get us thinking about it. The note I saw was for a maths teacher (which I am not). Coincidentally, that same night I got an email from the Ozteachers mailing list asking for an exchange partner for Toronto. I mentioned it to Donna, who I thought would immediately dismiss the idea as impractical, but she actually got quite enthusiastic about it and we started to think really hard about what we would have to do to make it happen. Long story short, further investigation lead us to a different exchange yet again, and after some negotiations and paperwork it seems that it really will happen.

The Canadian family, Dave Grace and his wife Heidi and children Charlee and Adam will be living in our house, and we will be living in theirs. Dave will assume my role at Mount St Joseph Milperra (well, a somewhat modified version of my role), and I will try to do his job at Holy Trinity School in Oakville, not far from Toronto city.

I plan to update this blog fairly regularly to keep track of the next 18 months. If you're interested in following our adventures, this is the place to be. :-)


0 Responses to “It's Official!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Old Stuff

Aussie Stuff

Canuck Stuff

Other Stuff

Powered by Blogger


Creative Commons License

Locations of visitors to this page